Functions of the respective modules
Adding prices to the products
Financial transactions mechanisms
Integrating Carts and Payments into Storefront Solutions
E – Business Management of an online shop
In general, e-business management contributes positively to the overall growth and development of Fabcom. E-business management activities usually generate a multiplier effect across many of the departments of the company, as well as providing a wider platform for greater and enhanced inter-and intra-sectoral linkages. E-business management, therefore, opens up the potentials for the development of small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs), thereby benefiting the majority of the population. The construction of such a business solution I am going to present in the following lines.
Structure of the web page
In order to be able to carry out the business activities, the website should have some mandatory items that can be grouped into four categories:
- Customers and clients;
- Shopping cart and orders;
- Additional elements (Chaffey, 2011).
Products are the main element that must be presented in an e-commerce website. These can be goods or services being grouped by certain signs, being detailed and parameterized, and also being placed with selling prices. The good organization provides easier management of the e-shop and greater flexibility of the customers with the product catalogs. It is also essential to each page of the shopping site to provide quick access to the products. For this purpose side menus might be used, while the names of the manufacturers must be placed in the foreground or at any reloading of the page different products should be shown. The best thing is for each product to be enabled with a thumbnail image and its price to be prominently displayed. The availability of a search engine in the e-shop can only be considered as an advantage (Feller, 2000).
Consumers and customers are essential for the development of any business, not just for the electronic stores. When we talk about e-commerce, the user appears to be every visitor to the site. He might examine all of the products, select and add them to his shopping cart. In the case of Fabcom, however, the user is only the person who has made a registration with the site.
Functions of the respective modules.
The screen of the e-shop is divided into several main blocks. Their location and contents can be changed according to the customer needs. The appearance of the site is selected by the administrative panel if more than one is made.
1. On the left side of the page is situated the navigation unit that is composed of six categories:
- Home - Home e-shop, usually a page which presents the company Fabcom, its goals and opportunities.
- News - Information about changing the status of goods for promotions and new products, as well as upcoming events.
- View - Displays all items in a list.
- Shopping - Displays the selected items and their total value.
- Order – The products ordered in the cart.
Category - categories of products that enable the quick orientation of the user. The categories are created by the administrator.
Navigation. The news block shows the latest headlines.
In the central part of the electronic shop is the main unit, which displays the selected user information - products, news descriptions, etc.
2. On the right side is the panel for promotions. It shows promotional products.
3. From the above there is also a navigation unit that contains six buttons:
- Home - returns you to the beginning of the e-shop.
- Shopping - displays the selected items and their total value.
- Order – the products of the cart are going to be ordered.
- Download - Downloads. (Documentation, catalogs, newspapers ...etc )
- Contacts - used to connect to the site administrator.
- Log - here the user or administrator may enter his profile.
The design of the website, including blocks disposal, images, and colors might be changed by the customers. One can also choose a view of the site by the administrative menu. This is called a pre-made web site design. Changing of the design can be done during the work process and without significant cost of money and time.
Registration is required for the proper customer service, as well as for setting the rights of the consumers.
1. The Log in button is used and the form for new user registration is filled in.
2. The user selects a username and password, fill in form fields, which may be mandatory or not - the nature of the form and the obligatory part in it are selected by store owners.
3. The third and final step is the acceptance of the general terms of the store.
The login button is - used by already registered users.
New User Registration is - Used to register an account. Here, the customer must enter the required information so as to register.
When an already registered user enters the site the information about him appears on the screen. It also appears a list of the orders that he has made and the tracking information about them. Under this there are two links; the first one might change the information about the company and with the second one may change the delivery addresses (Piers et all, 2004).
All customers registered on the site, initially receive status "shopper" (Buyer). Then, the administrator may change the group to which the customer concerned belongs - a major one, customers with an additional discount, etc ..The administrator may also register clients on the website and then the user may only change his or her password.
Browsing of the categories and products:
1. The categories are displayed on the left side of the online store.
2. Products by categories and all:
By category - select panel: Category. All products - chosen by the Review Panel link: Navigation.
When selecting a category from the menu its short description appears on the screen, its picture and table products in this category. Under the heading "Overview" has a navigation bar. It begins with the main category, and then it shall be written the way to the current category. By clicking on the appropriate subcategory a customer can be returned back on the categories.
3. Description of the product
Short one - Used in the sheet of products. Contains: product name, price, small photo, a brief description;
Full one - Used alone for a full presentation of the product. Contains: product name, price, short fuller description, description of the product (as an attachment) 3 pictures with a description;
By tapping on the name of the product or the image of the summary, the customer proceeds to the full description of the product.
4. In the navigation bar, there is a field "Search". There they can write keywords to look for products. If there is more than one match, the screen displays a list of products whose descriptions contain the appropriate words.
Shopping: Choose a product from the list and determine the amount requested
- ISBN (eBook)
- ISBN (Book)
- Catalog Number
- Institution / College
- New Bulgarian University
- web page structure functions modules user registration prices administrative panel clients financial transactions integrating carts storefront solutions